Sunday, July 6, 2014

Changing Paces

 So Michael had a seizure yesterday at 5:37 AM---- in his sleep. Nothing extraordinarily different about it though it did come less than two weeks after the last. Once he was settled and sleeping I just went back to bed resisting the urge to write about yet another stupid seizure in some kind of violated and madder than hell state. Does all my ranting really do any good I asked myself?  Am I preaching to anyone other than the choir of desperate, despairing and depleted parents who just want their kids to stop seizing and have a shot at living some semblance of a normal or just a better life? 

I don't know the answers. I know I am beginning to think I need to do something different or do what I do differently. I know in our personal situation we have a long ways to go before we can determine if cannibidiol products and fewer pharmaceuticals will change Michael' s life. I remain hopeful though.

I'm thinking it might be a nice change of pace to practice "breathe in...............breathe out" as Michael has often instructed me. Or maybe, heed my father's long ago words, "MaryLou don't wear your heart on your sleeve". Maybe. I'm thinking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment